- Statistical Process Control is the use of statistical techniques such as control charts to analyze a process or its output so as to take appropriate actions to achieve and maintain a state of statistical control and to improve the process capability.
- Learn proven questioning techniques for effective SPC implementation through developing an Operational Definition
- Demonstrate an understanding of the linkage between SPC and the larger scope of the core tools manuals (MSA, FMEA, APQP), along with the requirements of IATF 16949.
- Identify the sources of variation present and know how to categorize normal versus non-nor- mal
- Differentiate between prevention and detection and illustrate their impact on the Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ)
- Learn about the different tools that support SPC implementation
- Identify the correct and applicable tools for both variable and attribute data
- List best practices regarding implementation and taking action on out-of-control conditions to aid in effective implementation
- Calculate and Interpret acceptance criteria for process capability indices like CpK and PpK
- Apply methods for implementing the principles of SPC to manufacturing processes
- Apply software to the calculation of Control Limits and incorporation of measurement studies process to the selected Process Controls
- Demystify SPC by learning to carry out all calculations and interpretations following the steps in the SPC reference manual
Who Should Attend
- Recommended for quality managers, quality team leaders, manufacturing managers and technicians, quality assurance and laboratory technicians and engineers, anyone involved in the implementation of IATF 16949:2016, individuals and cross functional teams interested in risk reduction and anyone who wants a better understanding of SPC.
Duration: 1 Day
Core Tools Overviews
Control Plan Methodology
We come to you!
In-company courses can be arranged at your place of work and are extremely cost-effective on a ‘cost-per-attendee’ basis. LMR can tailor this course around your requirements.
3 simple steps to get started:
- Tell us your requirements
(How many people, your location and any specific requests).
- We will contact you with our proposal and price
- Confirm the booking.