Internal audits remain a crucial requirement of the AS9120B standard to verify the compliance of an organization’s quality management system to the standard. Internal auditors must be knowledgeable of the AS9120B requirements to effectively perform internal audits.
This internal auditor course is designed for both new auditors and existing internal auditors who need a thorough refresher of how to perform an internal audit to AS9100. Participants will gain an in-depth understanding of AS9120B and the tools to effectively prepare and conduct first party audits to AS9120B. Through interactive learning methods, this course engages participants in a detailed review of AS9120B, including key changes related to counterfeit parts, documented information, process approach, and risk-based thinking.
Through individual participation and group exercises, participants will apply and audit the requirements of AS9120B through case study activities that focus on auditing techniques as referenced by ISO 19011:2018 and AS9101F. Upon completion of this training program, participants will leave with the skills necessary to successfully conduct internal audits to AS9120B.
- Summarize the impact ISO 9001:2015 quality management principles have on AS9120B
- Demonstrate an understanding of AS9120C requirements and intent
- Identify the requirements applicable to an AS9120B internal auditor
- Show an ability to independently plan, prepare and execute an AS9120B internal audit based on ISO 19011:2018 and AS9101F guidance
- Identify the tools to effectively form an audit team and conduct an audit meeting according to AS9120B
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process approach to achieve strategic and operational objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of how risk-based thinking supports and improves the understanding and application of the process approach
- Organize documentation according to AS9120B to demonstrate effective planning, operation, and control of processes
- Understand how to plan and manage a business to avoid potential nonconformities, analyse nonconformities that do occur, and act to prevent reoccurrence of nonconformities
- ISO9001:2015 High level Structure
- Quality Management Principles
- The process Approach
- AS9120B requirements
- AS9120B Requirements
- Auditing Skills and Preparation
- Questioning Techniques
- The Audit Process (Case study or live audit)
- Conclusions, report writing and feedback
- Examination (Optional)