APQP is one of the methods utilised in the automotive space to move a project from concept to launch with the intent of minimising lead times and start up issues. This tool is also the container for EVERY OTHER core tool in the series. If you are serious about learning core tools, APQP is the place to start your journey. This is a 1-day OVERVIEW course and covers the principles and structure of APQP and is perfect for:
- The executive or manager looking for an overview of tools their teams utilize
- Team leaders that need the BIG PICTURE of the process
- Internal Auditors that may need to become familiar with the tool
We intentionally created this curriculum to be beginner friendly and connect the bigger picture with some detail, but:
- We did not overwhelm you with the details …so you walk away knowing what the tool is all about and how it can help your organization.
- We covered the nomenclature, like PHASES, TASKS, GATEWAYS so that you are able to speak the same language as others utilizing the tool.
- We cover both the technical aspects, as well as the managerial aspects of APQP, so that you walk away being well rounded in both the tech, and the soft side of program management
- Understand General expectations for each APQP task and the higher system level of phase
- Evaluate the effectiveness of new tasks performed as well as how to measure metrics for APQP
- Understand and apply the use of each new APQP tool in a real world context
- Create Linkages between APQP tools at the task level
- Understand APQP as a system and how it contributes to the business system
Who Should Attend
- Managers that are involved with APQP projects, either directly or indirectly
- Engineering and support associates that are involved in individual tasks for APQP projects
- Auditors looking for more familiarisation
- Fundamentals of APQP
- APQP in the business system
- Phase 1 overview
- Phase 2 overview
- Phase 3 overview
- Phase 4 overview
Duration: 0.5 Day
Core Tools Overviews
Control Plan Methodology
We come to you!
In-company courses can be arranged at your place of work and are extremely cost-effective on a ‘cost-per-attendee’ basis. LMR can tailor this course around your requirements.
3 simple steps to get started:
- Tell us your requirements
(How many people, your location and any specific requests).
- We will contact you with our proposal and price
- Confirm the booking.