More About FMEA Training
Technical risk mitigation is crucial for business sustainability during this era of high-speed adoption of technology innovation affecting all automotive systems, subsystems, and components. There is a general recognition of the urgent need for conducting effective Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA). This challenge cannot be addressed without a robust methodology. This makes the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook a critical update for the industry. The concept of robustness exists throughout all sections of the new DFMEA development approach, which is presented in the new AIAG & VDA Handbook. The Handbook contains a structured method for identifying products’ functions and their potential failure modes.
This 2 day course biased towards the design process, covers everything you need to successfully transition from the AIAG FMEA 4th edition to the new AIAG & FMEA Handbook. On completion you will be empowered to help your company achieve excellence through improved performance, and ultimately bottom line profit.
Some of the major areas covered include:
- Overview of the Major Changes, Improvements, and Benefits of the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
- Detailed introduction chapter emphasizing and clarifying the foundations necessary to develop a robust FMEA
- Applying 7-Steps approach – a more instrumental, and error-proofing driven method to develop FMEAs while integrating lessons learned
- DFMEA 1st Step – Planning and Preparation
- DFMEA 2nd Step – Structure Analysis
- DFMEA 3rd Step – Function Analysis
- DFMEA 4th Step – Failure Analysis
- DFMEA 5th Step – Risk Analysis
- DFMEA 6th Step – Optimization
- DFMEA 7th Step – Communication
- Design FMEA and Process FMEA Linkages
- Comparing a DFMEA prepared using AIAG FMEA 4th Edition Manual to a DFMEA prepared using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook
- Introduction to FMEA for Monitoring and System Response (FMEA-MSR): Importance and applicability
- DFMEA effectiveness, efficiency, and linkage to the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Transition Implementation Plan from AIAG FMEA 4th Edition to AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook
- Describe the major changes, improvements, and benefits of Design FMEA execution when comparing AIAG FMEA 4th Edition to the new AIAG & VDA FMEA manual
- Analyze the major changes and improvements adopted in the new AIAG & VDA FMEA handbook by completing a detailed comparison to the AIAG 4thEdition manual
- Exemplify the major changes, improvements, and benefits of Design FMEA execution when comparing a DFMEA prepared using AIAG FMEA 4th Edition Manual to a DFMEA prepared using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook
- Identify the major changes and improvements when evaluating the content of a Design FMEA prepared using AIAG FMEA 4th Edition Manual compared to a DFMEA prepared using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook
- Evaluate the consistency of DFMEA application cases
- Measure DFMEA effectiveness, efficiency, and linkage to an organization’s Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Develop a Transition Implementation Plan from AIAG FMEA 4th Edition to AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Recommended for Core Design FMEA Team including:
- Design Engineers
- System Engineers
- Component Engineers
- Test Engineers
- Quality / Reliability Engineers
- Project Managers
- FMEA Moderators / Facilitators
- Other product design roles with a background and experience with AIAG Design FMEA.
Course instructors are highly qualified professionals with vast ‘hands on’ practical experience working within the Automotive and Aerospace industry.
All our venues are professional training rooms fully equipped with modern facilities for interactive workshops.
Our current venues include The Village Hotel Cardiff, and The Village Hotel Coventry.
Course registration is at 8:30am, Courses start at 9am and finish at 4:30pm.
*You will be notified of full details prior to the event.
- All training materials
- AIAG & VDA Certificate
- Lunch and refreshments
A Certificate of Completion from the AIAG and VDA is included with this course.