About ISO 50001:2018
ISO 50001:2018 specifies requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an energy management system. The aim of the standard is to enable an organisation to follow a systematic approach and establish the systems and processes necessary to achieving continual improvement of energy performance, including energy efficiency, energy use and consumption.
Energy Management System certification provides a framework for establishing energy management best practice which not only helps organisations improve their energy efficiency, but also improves profitability through cost savings and lucrative investments.
The Benefits of ISO 50001:2018
By achieving certification to this international standard, your organisation could reap numerous benefits including:
- Globally recognised International Standard.
- Energy reduction.
- Reduced greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and carbon footprint.
- Assist in compliance with current and future voluntary and/or mandatory energy efficiency targets.
- Improved operational efficiencies and maintenance practices.
- Improved corporate brand image and credibility among customers, suppliers, clients and stakeholders.
- Informed decision making processes from system design through to operation and maintenance.
- Increased energy efficiency awareness amongst employees.
ISO 50001:2018 specifies requirements that apply to energy use and consumption, including measurement, documentation and reporting, design and procurement procedures for equipment, systems, processes and personnel that contribute to energy performance. The standard applies to all factors affecting energy performance that can be monitored and controlled by the organization.
ISO 50001:2018 has been designed to be used independently, but it can be integrated or aligned with other management systems such as ISO 14001.
*LMR Global training courses can be tailored to your requirements and delivered ‘in-house’ at your premises or in one of our well equipped training venues. For more details please click on the course you are interested above.